The Shriver Report is a nonpartisan initiative that raises awareness, ignites conversations and inspires impact around the deﬁning issues and fundamental changes facing modern women and their families and is a project of A Woman’s Nation ™
By convening influential voices and bold ideas from across the cultural spectrum, The Shriver Report works to:
REPORT seismic shifts in American culture and society affecting women and their families.
IGNITE high-proﬁle, high-impact national conversations about the status of American women.
COMMUNICATE women’s shifting roles, evolving needs, and emerging power across all areas of modern life, in ways that are accessible, unexpected, and news-making
CALL on our nation’s major institutions to recognize that women are now central to the key issues facing the nation—and to respond by putting women at the center of their policies and practices.
The Shriver Report is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary look at how American families live and work today, giving clear insight into one of the most important social trends of our time: the emergence of women into all areas of society.
The Shriver Report’s Special Reports are a groundbreaking and award-winning series of book-length examinations of major transformational moments in American society affecting women and their families.
Our Special Reports combine research and analysis from the nation’s top academic institutions and think tanks with news-making national polls, captivating photography, and personal narratives from everyday Americans and government, corporate, faith, opinion, and media leaders.
Our Special Reports challenge thought-leaders, policymakers and the institutions that matter most in American life to update their policies, practices and perspectives in ways that reflect the realities of women and the modern American family.
We report facts that move people to act through:
- Partnering with leading academic, media, corporate and grassroots organizations, allowing its issues and findings to be communicated outside the usual channels of policy debate.
- Reporting on both the relevant problems and the meaningful solutions — public, private and personal.
- Approaching the conversations in a way that brings men into the conversation.
And through the following components:
- Comprehensive Special Reports
- The Initiatives
- Inspiring Filmmaking
- Probing Academic Research and National Polls
- Dynamic Events & Conversations: The Shriver Report LIVE
- Compelling Personal Storytelling
- Innovative Digital Platforms: ShriverReport.org
- Award-Winning Photojournalism
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Advisory Network
Our series of Special Reports include:
- In 2009, A Woman’s Nation Changes Everything, in partnership with the Center for American Progress, examined the national impact of women becoming fully half the U.S. workforce for the first time.
- In 2010, A Woman’s Nation Takes on Alzheimer’s, in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, revealed that women are at the epicenter of the Alzheimer’s epidemic. It used the lens of Alzheimer’s disease to examine the national impact of women’s role as unpaid caregivers.
- In 2014, A Woman’s Nation Pushes Back from the Brink, in partnership with the Center for American Progress, addressed the alarming economic insecurity of American women and their families.